- Cooking Time: 20 minutes per 450g/ 1lb plus 20 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Ramsay of Carluke Gammon Joint
- 1tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp dark soft brown sugar
- ginger ale
1) Take your gammon joint and place in a large saucepan; pour over sufficient water to cover. If you wish you can add a bay leaf, 1 onion and 2 carrots to the water and this will give you a great stock for soup. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for the correct time needed for the size of your gammon joint.
2) Remove the gammon joint from the pan, drain and place the joint on a rack in a roasting tin. score the fat with a sharp knife to form diamond shapes. Stick a whole clove in each diamond. Mix 1tsp ground cloves with 2 tbsp dark soft brown sugar and mix to a smooth paste with a little ginger ale.
3) Brush the glaze over the joint and place in a preheated oven, cook for 20 minutes.
3) Serve the hot gammon sliced with a selection of seasonal vegetables or cold with chutney and salads of your choice.