- Difficulty: Easy
- 500g Haggis
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g plain flour
- 100g panic or plain breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
1) Break haggis roughly into 25g pieces.
2) Roll into balls and dredge in flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
3) Place in fridge to set for 1 hour
4) Pour the vegetable oil into a medium saucepan to a depth of about 6cm. Heat it until it reaches 170ºC or drop a small piece of bread in the oil – when it turns brown in about 30 seconds, the oil is ready.
5) Using a metal slotted spoon, slowly lower the haggis bon-bons, a few at a time, into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy.
6) Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in a low oven while you finish cooking the remainder.
7) Serve with ketchup or HP sauce.